Thursday, December 16, 2010

This is how I write...and it works...until someone criticizes me.

I am a thinker.  Always  have been.  I remember sitting in class starring out the window, or the wall, or the floor...thinking.  When I got tired of thinking in the classroom I would pretend I was sick so I could lay down in the almost but not quite cozy, but comfortably cool cot in the nurse's office.  Guess what I did there, laying down in the almost but not quite darkness....think.

I was known as the girl who daydreamed.  I can't help it.  I had lots to think about.  For instance, I wanted to know who my future husband was going to look like.  What was he going to be like.  Was he going to be like my dad?  Stern, but yet funny.  Unexpected bathroom humor?  Or was he going to be like my friend's dad...kind hear-ted and  not funny.  Oh I hope not.   I understood what they meant when the daughter's find guys who are like their fathers.

I didn't think about too much about what my children were going to look like.  I took it one step at a time.  At age 6, thinking about the man I was going to end up with and living in my New York City penthouse, while getting spa treatments at the famous Elizabeth Arden's Red Door while being seated by no other; Mia Farrow.  So as you can see, I took my thinking, one step at a time.  

Did any of this happen?  Stay tuned to find out.  But here is a spoiler...my husband did end up in New York City on the 70th floor of a high rise apartment building.  And where did I end up?  Still searching...but not for a husband.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment